Pages

8/13/13

Skins: RISE

I wasn't as eager to watch the last chapter of 'Skins', Rise, as i was with the two before, mainly because i never cared for Cook that much. Like he was ok, but not my favourite at all. So it took me quite a while to watch it and i was left unimpressed. I liked that he was on the run after what happened with Freddie but other than that, his whole story was something way too overdone, something we've seen before in so many other places before. Nothing new at all. I liked though, his reflections about fear and death, that was something really good from both eps, but other than that, it had nothing else for me. I know he's a fans favourite but his story was too dramatic in an unrealistic kind of way. Still, the "I'm fucking Cook" was really on point, a wink to his past self.

So that was the last episode of 'Skins' ever and because of that it made me a little sad. Like we thought it was over way before this last season was announced and i'm really glad they did it, despite so many viewers saying it has lost its magic, as i said before, that's what happens growing up, and it was reflected perfectly. Farewell Skins.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"One thing I've learnt is that you should never look back. The past is dead and buried. You get nothing from living there. It's all about today... but I've been having these dreams. In them, nothing's real. Nothing's solid, everything's a fantasy. Fucked. An illusion. In these dreams, I'm a life that's already gone by. Today means nothing. Today is just a ghost that's haunting me. I'm at the end of the world, on the edge of things, and I think about letting go. I think about falling."

sources: kathpierces & yogaboi

1 comment:

  1. No miro skins aixi que no puc dir massa cosa sobre el post (de fet, res jeje) però aprofito i t'escric sobre orange is the new black, ja que volies algú amb qui discutir-ho. el final, com ja t'he dit woww, m'he quedat molt, molt flipant, no m'esperava això. tampoc havia pensat en el fet de que ella havia de fer algo més per estar-se més temps a la presó, no se quan temps se suposa que porta ara. anyway, no puc esperar a la segona temporada, si de veritat no s'estrena fins l'abril vaya un pal, queda moltíssim. ara que he vist tots els capítols he de dir que com a preferides em quedo amb la nicky, la drogadicta religiosa (em pixo de riure amb ella), i les dues negres amigues (que no se com es diuen) la del cabell rapat i l'altra que surt i després torna (m'explico fatal xd). totes en general són boníssimes, m'encanta que hi hagi tanta dona.

    ara aquests mesos que no faig res he mirat mil series que et recomano: scandal, the newsroom i just avui he començat the fosters. sóc una adicta jajaja! hauria de mirar skins algun dia, tinc una amiga que és fan total. si en començes alguna ja em diràs. per cert, com vas amb mad men??

    un petonet! x

    ReplyDelete