Pages

12/15/16

The end of Girls HBO


The end of 'Girls HBO' is not near, is here starting on February 2017 and that will come in the glimpse of an eye. And it's going to be sad to say farewell to these four amazing young women, no matter how annoying or contradictory they had been at times. That's what i liked about the show the most, that they were relatable characters, and i think in that honesty and truth resides the success of Lena Dunham's baby show.

And as it's all coming to an end, Dunham has sat down with Vogue to discuss this and many other things, but related to the show i'm posting below some quotes that i absolutely loved about one of my fave tv series ever, because no matter how at first i didn't like her persona, she has actually made more and more sense to me with time. Read the full interview here but check out the highlights i'm posting next:

About the inevitable comparison to 'Sex and the City' when it first aired:
"It’s not the new Sex and the City. These are characters who watched that show, and it’s probably impacted the way they conduct themselves in New York, but their reality is extremely different.” 

On their characters being unlikable:
“I’m constantly being asked about these characters being un­likable, and I’m like, ‘What does that even mean? Walter White and Tony Soprano literally murder people, and everybody’s like, ‘I love them,’ and all we do is be kind of rude and do drugs sometimes and we’re unlikable.”

And about how it all started in the words of Dunham and Judd Apatow:
“When I had my first meeting with HBO and they said, ‘What do you want to do?’ I said, ‘I don’t see anyone who’s like me or anyone I love on television. And now—I’m not saying we started it, because I think we’re living in this Zeitgeisty movement toward it—but between Amy Schumer, Broad City, Mindy Kaling, that has changed.” 
Executive producer Judd Apatow cuts to the chase: “She completely changed the landscape. There’s an enormous amount of fantastic TV that followed in the footsteps of Girls. There was really no precedent for that level of honesty and boldness.”

 sources: vogue

No comments:

Post a Comment