Pages

6/2/15

Introducing Caitlyn Jenner


Yesterday Caitlyn Jenner broke the internet. And you might ask, Caitlyn who? I even wondered who she was when i saw the Vanity Fair cover for the very first time. Until i realized that we're talking about the woman formerly known as Bruce Jenner.

I have a soft spot for Jenner, i think everyone does now especially after seeing how openly she talked about her transition on the Barbara Walters interview, and how she did it with such grace and bravery, one cannot hate on this. Because it isn't right. Of course it's shocking to see America's best athlete turning into a woman but she has already gave up enough. And she's very clear about it:

 “If I was lying on my deathbed and I had kept this secret and never ever did anything about it, I would be lying there saying, ‘You just blew your entire life. You never dealt with yourself,’ and I don’t want that to happen.”

This is inspiring. Not only for transgenders or anyone dealing with emotional issues, everyone should be whoever they want to be, no matter their race, sex or age. So that's why i'm posting the fabulous Vanity Fair spread by Annie Leibovitz because it's done with a lot of class, dignity and fierceness, she can really rock a pair of stilettos! I'm super happy for Jenner because she can be free now. Welcome Caitlyn.


No comments:

Post a Comment