Pages

6/22/18

20 years of 'Version 2.0.'


20 years ago Garbage reached no.1 on the UK album chart with their second album 'Version 2.0.' This record was a really excellent follow-up to their debut album 'Garbage', and quite a surprise as they brought a new sound totally different from the grunge and rock-ish style of their flawless debut. And while they tried to bring new sounds to their following albums ('Beautiful Garbage' was a nice effort that grows on you with the years, whereas 'Bleed Like Me', 'Not Your Kind of People' or 'Strange Little Birds' were ok but failed to impress), they haven't been able to reinvent themselves like they did with their sophomore album.

And as such an important date couldn't be missed, Garbage planned to make a anniversary concert in London to remember this amazing album (i've got tickets for that), but there was such a high demand that they ended making an anniversary tour and they will even make it to the US. I really can't wait to see them playing live this amazing album, it's gonna be something beyond, as i've only saw them play live during the 'Beautiful Garbage' tour and it was great.

 So, as a celebration of this very important and ground-breaking album, and while everyone remembers 'Push It', 'I Think I'm Paranoid' or 'When I Grow Up' from this record, i'm bringing you my top 5 songs from 'Version 2.0.' that you probably have forgotten, even though two of them were actually singles. It's going to be worth it because this album is complete perfection from beginning to end, a pure jewel to the ears:

Hammering My Head
"I use the ones that I love the best"

4 more:

Medication
"And still you call me co-dependent, somehow you lay the blame on me"

Dumb
"You still don't know what you think of me
You still don't know what you mean to me
You still don't know what to think of me"

The Trick is To Keep Breathing
"Always the one who has to drag her down
Maybe you'll get what you want this time around"

Special
"Spread disease about you over town"

sources: youtube & caratulas

No comments:

Post a Comment